Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

My sister in law and I were talking about Halloween today, and about how it's with mixed emotion that we approach it these days. I had a blast as a kid on Halloween, but it seems it was a lot less "evil" back then. As my sister in law said, she has a friend that has a neighbor with a cross in the front yard with "666" on it as decoration.....what???? Seems cute pumpkins, scarecrows, and friendly ghosts have been replaced with the gruesome and sacreligious (did I spell that right?). And if it's not gruesome or satanic, then it's just flat out slutty! Grown women and teenaged girls seem to particularly enjoy this aspect! I was in the grocery store the other day and saw a group of cute little teenaged girls with cute little teenaged guys. The guys were in legitimate costumes....the girls? They were dressed in costumes better suited for a late night Cinemax special! I can't help but wonder if their parents saw them leave the house dressed like prostitutes, but I digress...

Anyhow, I still think Halloween has an element of innocent magic to it. Dressing up and seeing all of your friends dressed up, getting candy, carving pumpkins....it's just fun! Here are my favorite pumpkins of all...
Jack-3 months
Molly- 2 years old

*My favorite Halloween moment while putting Molly down for a nap:

Me: "night night Molly"

Molly: "night night punkin"

How many times have I called her pumpkin? I love it!

No comments: