Here he is all dressed up for his Bulldogs last week when they played Alabama (and I use the term "played" loosely....poor UGA!)
Jack before the games....GoooooooDawgs!
Jack after the game.....bummer!
It's kind of hitting me that unless the Lord plans otherwise, this is my LAST baby! My mother is just convinced that I'm going to end up with a surprise #3 (or #4....Hi Emmie!), but this will really probably be my last. There are a lot of little "lasts" that come with it that I'm already encountering....last time I'm up at 2am nursing a baby (I'm actually a little sad!), last time I use those teeny diapers, last time we need 0-3 month clothes (he is already into 3-6 month stuff!), last time I'll use the car carrier.....not really anything monumental, but for some reason it's a little sad all the same. I'm more aware of how fast it goes now that Molly is almost 2, which I just can't believe! Wasn't she my little baby just yesterday? I guess with the world kind of going crazy right now, with the stock market crashing, banks collapsing, a historic presidential election, and a massive gas shortage (if you live in Atl., you know what I mean!), I've gotten a little more sentimental about my kids. They won't be babies for long, and what kind of world am I raising them in? It seems like things are nosediving a lot faster than when I was growing up. We all hear the horror stories, but there has been a subtle shift in public attitude towards things that unnerves me. More people, believers and non-believers, are seemingly "lukewarm" to the things that used to be generally accepted as abominable. I know that some will argue that more tolerance is a good thing. "Love the sinner, hate the sin"........but are people really hating the sin anymore? Or is it too hard for people to define sin, since what was black and white has now been painted different shades of gray? Even churches have fallen prey, preaching pop-psychology and watered down truth so as not to offend. It terrifies me to think of raising my precious girl and boy in such relativism, and it challenges me to make sure I don't get sucked in.
Wow, how did I get here from talking about Jack smiling? : )
I'll end on what I thought was funny.....
Dressing Molly this morning was like wrestling a greased pig. I finally got fed up and held her up to my face and said, "Molly, that is enough! You need to cooperate or go to time out! I'm going to put your clothes on now. Say, "cooperate"!" Molly looked at me and dutifully said, "Koala bear!"......I love her interpretation!
2 comments:
wow- that was a mouth full but I am on baord with you through EVERY word sister . . . Preston is 7 months next week. Did you hear me say SEVEN MONTHS?
mind ... the world is a scary place and you are right ... be vigilant. be sure you are there - where you should be. who knows what is going to happen tomorrow,but what if we didn't have the security in knowing that JESUS holds our tomorrow.
more and more these days ..i am just telling him .. "Thank you Lord for being in control. It doesn't always seem like it ... but I know you are ...and I'm thankful"
Can't WAIT to see Jack smile.
HH
Post a Comment