Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Manna from heaven

My mom and I were at Chick-Fil-A today for lunch, and on our way out, I found a $10.00 bill in the parking lot! This is exciting in an of itself, but it is even more amazing considering I just found a $100 bill while walking down the street with Molly 2 weeks ago! Yes, a $100 bill! I asked a few neighbors if they had lost any money, and one said it was probably lost by a yard crew worker since they frequently get paid in cash. Can you believe that? I mean, if I find a quarter I get excited! Manna from heaven! (am I spelling manna right???) I know a lot of us are feeling the pinch of our financial times right now, particularly those of us who have husbands in sales. We have REALLY been feeling it, which can be pretty distressing with a new house, bigger mortgage and bills, and another baby on the way. But then the Lord drops cash right in front of my face! Thank you for your provisions (and sense of humor!) Lord!



On a totally random note, does anyone have a good way to keep your kid's white clothes WHITE? I spray and wash spots as soon as we get the clothes off, but I've got 2 new white shirts of Molly's that I just pulled out of the wash that are ruined.....HELP! I'd love to know what you do!

Molly in her once white shirt

3 comments:

Cstargel said...

For whites, I use LOTS of Shout (it's the only thing I've found that does the trick!) Spray it on and leave it (even overnight is okay) Then I put it in the wash with just whites and put it some oxyclean powder with your regular detergent and then I even let the washer fill up and let it sit and soak for awhile before I run it. This usually does the trick! Good luck!

Heather said...

oxy oxy oxy. that is the only thing (and bleach!) that get my whites clean again. i agree with what christy says ... although, i think it's all in the oxy :)

i think i would FAINT right there with the $100 find.

have fun this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hh

Sarah B said...

tip #1: No raking in white shirts.
tip #2: No buying white shirts.

Thats all I got...
:)